Experienced Attorneys Focus on Estate Planning in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties
Proven strategies to protect, hold and transfer your wealth
You’ve worked hard, so you should be able to enjoy your wealth in retirement and transfer it to the beneficiaries of your choice. At Loew Law Group, a Professional Law Corporation, we use a variety of estate planning strategies to help our clients meet their goals. Because we are a small firm, we give you the personal attention you need to create a comprehensive plan that addresses your various concerns.
The basics of a solid estate plan in California
A thorough estate plan consists of several legal instruments used together for maximum effect. The most common estate planning devices are:
- Trusts – We draft customized trust instruments to help you and your family avoid the costly delay of a probate, hold your assets securely, and ensure that your wealth is put to the purposes you intend. Trusts are flexible instruments which we can draft to meet your unique needs, based on your specific circumstances.
- Last will and testament – Along with a trust, we draft a will to ensure that any asset left out of your trust is properly directed into the trust upon your death, and to appoint guardians for your minor children.
- Powers of attorney – Part of planning for old age or illness is allocating proxy powers to trusted individuals who can act on your behalf should you become incapacitated.
- Advance health care directives – With an advance health care directive, you may also appoint an agent to carry out your desired health care decisions, including decisions concerning your end-of-life medical treatment.
- Protect your assets for the benefit of your heirs – A trust further allows you to distribute your assets over time, ensuring that the trust’s beneficiaries use the assets responsibly. There are also steps you can take to reduce your exposure to taxes and liability to prevent unnecessary financial losses.
Different legal instruments can accomplish the same task, but lead to very different outcomes. We work hard to ensure that your estate plan delivers the results you desire.
Contact our attorneys in San Mateo to craft a unique estate plan for you
A carefully drafted estate plan allows you to enjoy your wealth in retirement and transfer it effortlessly to your heirs later on. Loew Law Group, a Professional Law Corporation, can assist you in designing a plan that meets your asset protection and legacy goals. To schedule a free thirty-minute consultation, call us today at 650.397.8700 or contact our office online.
Practice Areas: Probate Administration|Probate Litigation|Estate Planning|Estate Litigation|Wills & Trusts|Estate Planning|Trust & Estate Litigation|Trust Administration|Elder Abuse Litigation|Civil Litigation